Attending Dreamforce for the first time can be overwhelming. There’s so much to do and see while you’re in San Francisco. With this premiere event a little over a month away, we wanted to offer first-time attendees some suggestions for making the most of their time at Dreamforce. As veterans of the event, we’ve got a good idea of what you’ll want to do before you go as well as while you’re there.
Before you go
- Make your reservations now if you haven’t already. Hotels book early.
- Build your agenda early. Sessions fill up quickly.
- Download the PartyForce app, so you’ll know everything that’s going on and which social events are free.*
- Bring an umbrella. It rains a lot in San Francisco.
- Pack comfortable shoes. It will be difficult to get a cab.
- Take as many cell phone chargers as you can; charging stations are at a premium, and you will have to hunt for an outlet.
- Rent a MyFi for the week because bandwidth slows down.
While you’re there
- Stop by the Foundation Zone (Marriott Marquis Hotel, Salon 7) and visit us.
- Identify which sessions will be recorded and/or broadcasted. (For example, waits in line to get into keynotes can be up to four hours. If you don’t want to wait, these sessions will be broadcast outside the venue or online.)
- Get to the expos early on Monday. That’s the best opportunity to get free swag (or on Friday when vendors will just give stuff away).
- Limit yourself to no more than four sessions per day.
- Allow 10-15 minutes between appointments for travel time.
- Stay hydrated and bring your vitamins. People tend to get sick.
- Take time for yourself.
Our very best advice: Plan, plan, plan! We look forward to seeing you at Dreamforce. Safe travels!
* You don’t want to miss the AppBash on Wednesday, September 16. You can’t get tickets in advance unless you’re an ISV, but you can usually “earn” a ticket by getting vendor stamps in the expo.